NDIS Decision Support Pilot
The NDIS Decision Support Pilot provides advocacy and decision-making support for people with disability aged between 18 and 65 who do not have any existing avenues of informal or formal decision-making support, have limited decision-making capacity and require assistance to engage with the NDIS.
Our advocates provide eligible clients with assistance with NDIS processes within a supported decision-making framework, including:
- Gathering appropriate evidence for completing and submitting NDIS Access Requests;
- Making decisions towards development of their initial NDIS Plan, including preparing for and attending NDIS Planning meetings where appropriate;
- Choosing a Support Coordinator with input from the participant;
- Problem-solving initial issues during implementation of the Plan;
- Capacity-building in interactions with the NDIA.